Thursday, August 31, 2006

Deadlines looming in the gloaming


I should be working on book 2 and finalising edits for Scandal's Daughter, but I realized I haven't posted in a while. Still, there are those deadlines, so I'll take the lazy way out and hand you over to the wordwenches. Jo Beverley and Pat Rice have some interesting things to say about deadlines and work patterns. Go and have a look, if you haven't already. Personally, I like deadlines. I've always done my best work under pressure. Famous last words? We'll see.

I recently had a funny misunderstanding with my web designer about dates. I said I was trying to get a few things nailed down before my baby arrived in October, including building a website. She thought I meant my 'book baby', when actually, I meant the real, flesh and blood-type squalling infant. So now, in certain circles, the day this child is due to enter the world is referred to as my 'release date'. I'm grateful to Paula for dropping everything to get the website done in record time, especially since she did it under the false assumption that my book was about to be released!

Oh, and check out the avon fan-lit site author/editor blog, where Anna Campbell posted about the enduring appeal of the Regency era and Sara Bennett has waved the flag for all things Victorian (an era I can't bring myself to like!). It's a light, fun site and it will be interesting to see whether Regency wins over contemporary in the fan-fic stakes.

No comments: