Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Update on Recent Posts

Be careful what you blog about

A while back, I rambled a little about unreliable narrators, in response to a post by Nadia Cornier on her blog. Little did I expect that Ms. C would google herself and find said rambling. Even less did I expect her to take offence at my tongue-in-cheek comment about her habit of flying off at tangents from the central discussion. The habit is part of her unique charm and if it was my post that made her resolve to be more 'normal' in future, I sincerely regret it!

Deadlines

I met the first of my deadlines last week. One more to go and then it's full steam ahead on the work in progress. As long as my lovely editor likes it. Fingers crossed!

Snake Burial

Very sad to say that we found a snake the approximate size of the one that invaded my kitchen a couple of weeks ago dead in our swimming pool courtyard the other night. Who knows if it was the same one, but I can't help thinking it is. And I suspect that one of our dogs killed it, too, which makes me feel terrible. But I suppose that's the way the animal kingdom works. It's sad, I feel like the victor of a long, hard-fought duel with a formidable opponent, who wakes up the day after the fight to hear that his challenger has died of a cold.

4 comments:

Denise Rossetti said...

When I was little, I used to think the saying "Nature is red in tooth and claw" was "Nature is READ in tooth and claw." It actually makes sense in a strange sort of way. Think the Powers That Be meant me to be a writer? LOL

RIP, snakie. May he wriggle in piece(s).

Denise

Christine Wells said...

Reminds me of my father, who used to sing as a child, 'I'm going to get you/On a slow goat to China'. Poor old snakie.
Christine

Anonymous said...

Our snake is a goner, too. Sigh. I don't feel badly about it, though. Maybe it's because he could have killed my children and I'm a big, furry, angry mama bear in the end. How dare anyone threaten my children?! I'm so, SO glad he's gone.

Now I'm in the process of removing all the residual snakeskin out of my garage. Yuck.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

P.S. I don't think Nadia took offense! :)