Tuesday, May 15, 2007

8 Random Things About Me

OK, Donna MacMeans tagged me to write 8 little known, obscure facts about me. Here goes:

1. I was on a game show when I was 11 called 'Now You See It', hosted by a man and a robot called Melvin. I made it to the Champion of Champions day, when I was knocked out in the final round. Many tears were shed!

2. I had major surgery when I was 2 years old which left me with a scar along my hairline from ear to ear. Thankfully, it's covered by my hair, so I don't look like Frankenstein's monster.

3. I used to be a lawyer and met my husband while on work experience in the law firm where he worked.

4. I have two lesbian dogs. In the middle of my father's sixtieth birthday cocktails, there they were, pool-side, doing the nasty while the guests looked on with stifled giggles and gasps. And yes, I realize this is not sexual to them, but an act of dominance. I tried to explain that to my father's friends but they didn't hear me for laughing.

5. I'm addicted to the Antiques Roadshow.

6. I love Indian curries and chocolate, but not together.

7. I played Flora, a floozy from 'Frisco in a high-school musical, 'No no Nanette'.

8. I used to be a gymnast. With a bit of a warm-up, I can still do the splits.

Now, I hereby tag: Denise Rossetti, Jessica Faust, Annie West, Dawn Halliday, Anne Whitfield, Kelly Boyce, Trish Milburn and Caren Crane

7 comments:

Donna MacMeans said...

Christine -

This is too cool! Two lesbian dogs, love it. Are you going to Dallas? Perhaps we can ply you with drinks to demonstrate those splits (evil smile) -

Donna MacMeans

Christine Wells said...

Haha! Donna, you have a devious mind. No, I'm not going to National this year. Maybe next year...

Caren Crane said...

Christine, Donna doesn't realize it, but I tagged her last week! I have my random facts about me posted on my blog Caren's Big Thoughts. They are pretty random, too.

And I'm with Donna. I plan to get you liquored up (or is that "warmed up"?) in San Francisco and get you to do the splits. Actually, if you get me warmed up, I'll do them with you! Lordy, I hope no one in SF has a camera...

Christine Wells said...

So...you're a girl scout, Caren!LOL I like this 8 random things. In a way it gives a clearer picture of someone's character than a nicely worded bio on a website. Something to remember when writing a book.

And hey, you and I can put on a floor show in San Fran, Caren! I'm sure my agent would say it's good publicity:)

Kelly Boyce said...

Too funny about the dogs! My brother had homosexual rabbits. It haunts him to this day...

Denise Rossetti said...

OK, Ms Wells, I've been and gone and done it - http://hunksnhussies.blogspot.com/

You realise next time we meet I'll want to see those splits? Looks like everyone else does too. Better get started on that warm up!

Thank goddess I didn't say I can do anything so eye-watering!

Denise

Anna Campbell said...

Christine, cool facts. Will you show me your scar if I get you tanked? Will you do the splits if I get you tanked? The lesbian dogs just cracked me up.