Friday, November 03, 2006

Superstition


I'm not a very superstitious person. I don't believe in astrology or tarot cards, viewing that kind of thing as interesting and a bit of fun, nothing more. But something that no one knows about me (until now) is that I have to say 'rabbits, rabbits, rabbits' on the first day of each month before I say anything else. It's my only good luck charm, a hangover from childhood, when saying 'white rabbit' saved you from a pinch and a punch for the first day of the month.

This month, I forgot to say it. The days tend to slide into one another when you have a newborn, so I didn't quite register that it was the 1st of November when I was crooning nonsense to my screaming 3 week old at 2.30 in the morning.

So...will the events of November prove my superstition worthless nonsense? I suppose I'll know soon enough.

3 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Oh, Christine, I think you'd better HOP to it and say rabbits, rabbits, rabbits straightaway, just in case! Hearing you missed out made the HARES stand up on the back of my neck. And you don't want to BURROW trouble. Hmm, sorry. Had all those awful puns clogging up my mind. Feel much better now.

Christine Wells said...

Hi Anna! Very bunny, er, punny. I mean funny! So glad you were able to vent your puns on this forum and not in your WIP!

Kelly Boyce said...

Good luck! Or wait...would wishing luck be superstitious too??